1933

The Legislature passed and the Governor signed Statute No. 688 of the laws of 1933, that conveyed in trust all of the tidelands of the state bordering the City of San Diego. The more general grant of land described permissiveuses of the tidelands, as contrasted with the 1931 grant, which provides for exclusive uses of the tidelands within the grant. Thereafter, for over sixty years, the Children’s Pool remained open for the use and enjoyment of the people of San Diego and others.